Thursday, January 08, 2009

Windows Live

So Microsoft released a bundle of programming, some of the programs are new versions of old stuff.  Like messenger and movie maker, but some is new, Ive been playing for a little while and its some slick new stuff.  Like right now I am writing this in Live Writer, which I mentioned in my last post.  Live writer is a nice little application that allows you to write to your blog and basically have access to anything on your HD, makes it easy to add content to a blog because its basically drag and drop.

                                     The Master

 

Like that, I just dragged the master into this with no real problem putting him where I wanted him, that dirty old master…

 

Its the same (yet to test) I would assume for other media like video and such, as there are options for those things on the edge of my screen, taunting me.

 

Then theres wave 3 of messenger, which has streamlined the interface and overall looks much the same, but in nice new packaging, still very cool.

 

I played with the new Movie Maker for about 30 seconds before I realized it doesnt want to split clips for me, which is the first thing I look for in video editing, if im just missing it, then I may find it later, but without that no more testing for me.

 

Photo gallery is something thats nice to have and tells me that I can easily share photos using it, when I have some photos I want to share I will tell you how that goes (never gonna happen).

 

Lastly theres some family safety thing that I will probably never take a second look at, unless it decides to rear its ugly head and tell me I cant do something on my own damn computer.

 

Other than that, I will be up tomorrow attempting to get my grubby hands on a Windows 7 beta key so that I can have much joy in my life until august when I will become sad again from the beta ending.

That is all…

No comments: